Penetration Testing mailing list archives

L0phtCrack 3.0

From: Parth Galen <Parth_Galen () ziplip com>
Date: 4 Jun 2001 22:21:14 -0000

I recently upgraded to 3.0, and have found that it "appears" to run MUCH slower. I have checked the settings and
documentation, but nothing I have noticed points to why there would be a noticable slowdown in cracting.

With 2.5 I would get the trivials in seconds. With 3.0 and the same sam_ it takes more than a day to get the most
trivial which should have shown up in a basic dictionary.

I understand the 3.0 now cracks sam's that are SYSKEY'd, could that be part of it?

Any comments will be much appreciated!

Parth