Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] War Dialers

From: "Destefano, Robert" <RRD () PARA-PROTECT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 12:28:57 -0400

The older version of PhoneSweep wasn't the best in the world
although I haven't gotten around to using the newer version.
In reference to the other new product SecureLogix has.. TeleWall - From all
the tests I have personally seen, it seems to work extremely well not only
from a security standpoint but from a management standpoint as well.  It
acts as a firewall for phone systems from the PBX... It can detect
voice/fax/data
modes and lock certain numbers to only certain means of comms. (ie.. a voice
only can't have a modem unknowingly connected to it - you have to activate
it on the management console.)

my .02
Rocky