Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Closing Port 139

From: "Deus, Attonbitus" <Thor () HammerofGod Com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:06:30 -0700

This configuration will show port 139 as open, but it will not serve any
requests.
If you want to completely block it, then you must go to the properties of
one of the proxy services in your MMC, go to your shared security services,
and enable packet filtering.  Select dynamic packet filtering to allow the
proxy services to dynamically create their own ip filters to allow users
using them in/out.

You will have to create filters for any services you want to allow through,
but this is the best way (most secure that is) to do what you want.
Attonbitus Deus
thor () hammerofgod com