Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Windows NT Security Question

From: John Taylor <john () CARRHOUSE FORCE9 CO UK>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 15:39:25 +0100

Edward,

I wish I had a pound for every time this question was asked!

No, there is no inbuilt way in NT to do this.

However, it can be achieved.

Create a share to a network resource for every user you want to limit number
of connections. Set the number of maximum connections to the share to the
maximum number of concurrent accesses required.

Connect to the share in a logon script. If the connection fails, logoff the
user; if it succeeds - continue.

Regards,

John.