Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Password Protection

From: Patrick Feisthammel <citrin () citrin ch>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 19:15:39 +0200

Hi!

I would like to have the client be able to browse direct off the CD.

However I would like to some how password protect the CD so no one can
browse any of the information on the disk with out the password.

I suggest generating a virtual PGP Disk. This is one big file on the CD
and can be passwort protected. Mountig this virtual disk creates a new
drive letter. Using this drive you can access all documents as if they
were unencrypted.
Downside: The client needs the PGP Disk Software installed on his
computer. The software is avaible for Windows and Mac.

I'm sure there are also other virtual disks products avaible, perhaps even
for free. (PGP costs for comercial use)

Cheers,
Patrick

--
Citrin, Feisthammel und Partner,                  Phone: +41 1 994 4038
Steigstrasse 55, CH-8610 Uster, Switzerland       Fax: +41 1 994 4036