Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Deeper Penetration

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () SECURITYFOCUS COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:11:08 -0800

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 thylacine () HUSHMAIL COM wrote:

At this point I would like to install a keyboard capture program or perhaps
VNC. Problem is, the system is firewalled and I can't get the server to
download any tools. Suggestions anyone.

Which hack did you use to copy the SAM._ file around?  I suspect that most
any hack you could pull that with would also let you push an arbitrary
file onto the disk, especially for a FAT drive.  You obviously can get to
port 80.  I believe I saw an SSH over HTTP tool recently?

                                                Ryan