Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] examining exchange mail

From: Charlie Roberts <charlie () CAREER2 CSC OLEMISS EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 22:25:41 -0600

Here are two more ways to do this:

1. In Outlook go to Tools->Services->(Highlight "Microsoft Exchange
Server")->Properties.  Under the advanced tab you can select additional
mailboxes to open.

2. Using Outlook Web Access - Enter usually the username of the mailbox you
wish to access in the web form, but enter your admin account info when the
authentication box pops up.

Also, just because you're a domain admin doesn't necessarily mean you have
full privileges in Exchange.  That should be easy to fix though :)

Charles Roberts

I have domain admin on a network, and I want to know how I
would go about
viewing mail *stored* on the Exchange Server, if this is possible.

Run Outlook, and Go to File->Open->Other User's Folders.
It's possible
that you might need the password & account that Exchange runs
under, which
you should be able to get and crack if you've got Admin.

I've only been able to get to people's Inbox this way, but
I'm probably
just doing something stupid that prevents me from getting to
their other
folders.