Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] OT: Lotus Notes name service (was: penetratingtrojan)

From: "Hoelzer, David" <David.Hoelzer () SMSC COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 12:30:32 -0500

Simon is quite correct.  Notes prefers to do an internal Notes name lookup before it will resort to whatever your
underlying protocol is.  This can make for quite an interesting day when you need to build a server or client remotely
and are not able to resolve names with spaces and other doo-dads via the underlying resolution protocol (which is always
used for the initial config).

Simon Waters <Simon () wretched demon co uk> on 12/06/2000 11:12:32 AM

Please respond to Simon () wretched demon co uk