Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Help defining job scope

From: "Tonick, Mike" <Mike.Tonick () PS NET>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:56:59 -0500

Steve,

What you need is a "Get Out of Jail - Free" card.  Write up a description of
the type of activities you will be performing, and then have your upper
management sign off on it.  Carry it with you.  Also, I think it is a good
practice to notify someone of authority, other than yourself, that you or
your team, is going to be doing XYZ during a certain time frame.  Especially
if the probes are friendly and to be used for internal direction and
improvement.

Regards,

Michael D. Tonick, CISSP
Senior Security Consultant