PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: HoneyPorts (again)

From: Xavier Mertens <xavier () rootshell be>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 07:13:27 +0200

+1

--
Can't sleep, hackers will eat me!
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x42D006FD51AD7F2C

On 20 Jul 2012, at 06:42, Bill Swearingen wrote:

I would like to read it -- thanks!
-Bill

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:38 AM, anthony kasza <anthony.kasza () gmail com> wrote:
I've got a brief write up about how I integrated John's and Paul's
honeyport script into an Ubuntu based OSSEC environment. It provides a
way for all OSSEC agents to blacklist an IP that connects to a single
honeyport on a single OSSEC agent.

The write up includes the modified honeyport script as well as custom
OSSEC dissectors, rules, and configuration changes needed to set this
up. If anyone is interested in reading it, let me know.

-AK