PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: HoneyPorts (again)

From: Chris Benedict <chrisbdaemon () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 13:36:58 -0500

My project is mostly working, https://github.com/chrisbdaemon/BearTrap.

I had to remove some of the functionality, but as a neat honeyport tool it
should work alright.  It just hasn't really been used much yet.

-Chris Benedict

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Doug Burks <doug.burks () gmail com> wrote:

Hi Anthony,

If you're planning on using OSSEC anyway, could you just have OSSEC
monitor IPTables for any DROPs?

Example from
http://securityonion.blogspot.com/2010/02/defense-in-depth-using-ossec-and-other.html
:

# Configure RHEL IPTables firewall to log any dropped packets to
/var/log/messages to be monitored by OSSEC
iptables -I RH-Firewall-1-INPUT 11 -j LOG --log-prefix="DROP "

Thanks,
Doug

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 6:32 PM, anthony kasza <anthony.kasza () gmail com>