PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Capturing HTTPS traffic from iPhone/iPad

From: Tim Krabec <tkrabec () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 09:28:53 -0500

Set up a proxy/ tunnel get the data from there
On Feb 3, 2012 7:56 AM, "Dimitrios Kapsalis" <dimitrios () gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

I have updated my iOS device to 5.0.1, in order to try to capture the
HTTPS traffic from an application.

The application returns an error that the the connection cannot be
established. I've tried it with the WebScarab, Fiddler, and Burp. I've
installed for each the certificate in my iOS device and configured the
network connection to point to my laptop that is running my proxy software.

I've confirmed that the connection is correct because I am able to see
HTTP traffic.

Has something changed with iOS5 that prevents native applications from
being intercepted?

Regards.