PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Conference Question/Choice?

From: Ben Pratt <ben () thegeekzone com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 09:28:51 -0500

I have been to the EDUCAUSE Security Professional's Conference twice and BSidesMSP this year so this is my first time traveling for a con. I was planning on going to BSidesLV and DEF CON but after hearing the DerbyCon organizers on ISD Podcast and PaulDotCom I have been convinced to switch.

I want to be a part of the FIRST every Derby Con and other cons will be there next year but there will never be another first DerbyCon. I'm also footing the bill on my own (security is a hobby for me right now, not a profession) so only one con is in the budget. Plus, driving to KY from MN is more of an option than to NV.

Ben