PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Email Policy Changes

From: Jack Daniel <jackadaniel () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 13:12:25 -0500

As you are well aware, if you let people read their email, this is a
lost cause.  You can certainly slow the flow, but you can't stop it.

All of the things you mentioned, plus:
printing and storing paper copies
printscreen and export as images
Or screencast reading through several and export the video
Convert all to text, compress, encrypt, change file ext to .jpg or
.mp3 and export. Anyone inspecting will assume they are just corrupt
files.  Hell, if it is big enough call it a .vhd

The productivity damage to the company will be unpleasant- just for a
minor example: I can't imagine booking all travel, traveling,
submitting and receiving reimbursement in a 60 day window.  How about
marketing campaigns- idea to execution to tracking to ROI in 60 days?
The data will just get moved to different formats and be kept in more
diverse places.

Good luck.