PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Question about simple BlueTooth hack

From: Josh More <jmore () starmind org>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:17:55 -0500

I think that you should seriously consider the possibility of finding things
that you do not wish to find.  As you are dealing with minors the penalties
that we all face when doing something "cool" are going to be higher.

Driftnet could result in displaying certain images to a group of kids that,
if it occurred, could be rather unfortunate for you personally.  If your
bluetooth attack finds stuff you are in a tricky reporting scenario.

I think that the game idea is the best one, but don't run it on some random
kid's phone.  Instead, do it on your own kid's phone (or get a parent or
teacher to volunteer their own kid).

-Josh More