PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Question about simple BlueTooth hack

From: Jim Halfpenny <jim.halfpenny () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:26:35 +0000

You: Well kids, I've brought a few smartphone games, we get them for
free at the office. Who wants one?
[Kids start screaming Me! Me! Me!]
You: OK, you, the guy with the freckles, turn on your bluetooh and I'll
send it to you.
[You run your bluetooth tools against the kid's phone].
You: Please enter this PIN: 4329
[Kid enters the pin and you hack into his contact list].
You: Hey! You have a fiend name Allison Parker?
Kid: Yes
You: And another friend caller Johnny Bubblegum?
Kid: Yes! omg! how did you know that?
You: Because I've hacked into your phone. First I applied some "social
engineering" to trick you into accepting an incoming request, and then I
run a malicious program that steals your address book. Never trust guys
in a suit, kid.

Prof.

Nice idea, but I can see this going pear shaped very quickly if you
are not careful :-D

Jim