PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Astaro Fail

From: robin at digininja.org (Robin Wood)
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 17:26:19 +0100

On 7 May 2010 15:54, Jack Daniel <jackadaniel at gmail.com> wrote:
Apologies for being corporate again on this list...

http://up2date.astaro.com has fix and apologies from one of the
founders. ?Anyone on this list should have the skills to find me
easily, but:
jdaniel at astaro.com or 978-974-2704 (direct line), or any way you find me.

I'll help with anything I can, for email please reply OFF-LIST.

Jack

I don't use Astaro so have nothing to do with all the trouble that has
gone on but to me this is a really good example of full disclosure
working well.

As with Apache, Jack has come out and admitted they are having
problems and offered support. Despite things having just gone wrong
for them this gives me more confidence in them than others who try to
hide bugs or just fob people off. At least I know when they have
problems, and everyone does, they offer help.

Robin