PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Open Source CMS Products

From: tkrabec at gmail.com (Tim Krabec)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:23:58 -0400

Automatic offsite backups are a must. As well as a way to audit the
user accounts for the restore

On Jun 15, 2010, at 8:44 AM, Bert Van Kets <mailing at vankets.com> wrote:

Keep in mind that the base CMS is only part of the security problem.
The server at my provider had all web sites of all VPSes defaced due
a shady Joomla plugin on one site. It allowed the attackers to get
access to the whole system.
If security is important, do not use VPS and tripple check each and
every plugin you use.

Hosting like WordPress.com is of course another solution. You offload
the security work to them.
The Drupal guys are workig on a similar system.

Bert

Michael Allen wrote:
Hi All,
Any thoughts on which CMS product has the best security record? If
you
had to recommend one which would you recommend?
I know Joomla gets hammered a lot. Or should I forget Open Source and
go commercial?

Thoughts???
Regards,
Michael