PaulDotCom mailing list archives

CISSP Study Strategy?

From: dkovar at gmail.com (David Kovar)
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 13:43:03 -0500

Greetings,

I think it depends on your previous experience, study habits, and test
taking ability. I test well (ie, do well on standardized tests) and
had been working in IT and software engineering for 20 years when I
took the test. I prepared only with the CISSP book. I'd read a chapter
at lunch every few days, take the quizzes that evening, and then brush
up on anything I didn't appear to know. I took a single practice exam
when I was done with the book and then went in for the exam and passed.

So, if you've got decent study habits and are fairly familiar with the
material already, I'd say you could prepare with the book alone.

-David