PaulDotCom mailing list archives

small business security statistics

From: gbugbear at gmail.com (Bugbear)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:46:57 -0400

+1 on Jack's recommendation of Brian Krebs

I saw this come down on twitter today
http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/media/press-releases/viewnews?noticia=10116

Just note the source - AV companies have everything to gain from FUD

Problem I see with any stats regarding such compromises. is Companies
often will not report the breach. Even states with Breach notification
laws often do not require disclosure of the Company to the public.
Combine that with the fact that such legislation only covers
notification of specific data (i.e. PI) and there are 40 something
different variations in different states, I think there isn't a chance
of getting an accurate representation of the issue we are facing.

But I will end my rant here

Tim