PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Usable Stego

From: irongeek at irongeek.com (Adrian Crenshaw)
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 20:52:18 -0400

Ok, I'm prepping up for my Anti-Forensics class, and I'm looking into
steganography. All the tools I've looked at seem to be too much of a pain in
the butt for me to see folks using them to hide their pr0n stash or illicit
business practices. Passing messages, maybe. Anything out there that you
would see as useful? Maybe something that lets you mound a large AVI or
something as a drive and lets you randomly add and remove files?

On a side note, can you think of a time when stego is used as something more
than a parlor trick?

Adrian