PaulDotCom mailing list archives

ESX Password Lockout Policies

From: gbugbear at gmail.com (Tim Mugherini)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 10:00:36 -0400

Thanks for the great info and script Carlos

Any recommendations on account lockout and preventing a DDOS in the form of?

thanks again

tim

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Carlos Perez <carlos_perez at darkoperator.com
wrote:

This is a small script that forms part of my build process, in addition to
this I tend to set the tcpwarapers to only allow the Virtual Center to talk
to the ESX and I try to keep the management network in a different isolated
VLAN, if using ESXi I like to use PVLANS to restrict access to them, for
both scenarios I change the certificates to self signed ones if no PKI inf
available, mark for certificate verification and thru GPO set the self
signed CA cert to the management machines, in the case of an isolated VLAN I
set NTP Servers on the Switches for the inf, in addition a Win2k8 TS Gateway
with a Win2k8 TS server are set for access to the management Network and
rules are set for certificates also on this plus only SNMP or Syslog traffic
can go out for monitoring, if using VUM a rule is set so that only vCenter
goes out and communicates strictly with a set a of DNS servers and
the outbound web proxy server. The windows firewall is also enabled on the
vCenter machine to block access other that RDP, 443, 8083 and 902.
Cheers,
Carlos