PaulDotCom mailing list archives

3rd party application patching tools for Windows

From: andronin at gmail.com (Kim White)
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 09:51:43 +0200

Lumension has a product called Patch Guard. Haven't used it in production
but the trial worked great.

Regards

KimW
www.twitter.com/andronin
www.facebook.com/andronin

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 02:44, Rob Fuller <jd.mubix at gmail.com> wrote:

Secunia ( http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/ ) - has a pretty cool
product that has 3rd Party app patch detection. I have used their PSI tool
at home, and I like it. Their "Corporate" version I am betting as a way for
the admin to push updates, but I am can't say for sure. I do know that the
PSI gives you a clickable "update" feature that does one of a couple things:
does the update automagically / auto downloads the update for you to install
/ or sends you to an update page.

I have seen quite a few desktop apps that do the same thing, but never
encountered anything at the corporate or even small biz level.

--
Rob Fuller | Mubix
Room362.com | Hak5.org | TheAcademyPro.com

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 8:12 PM, Jody & Jennifer McCluggage <