PaulDotCom mailing list archives

NIT (Ninja in Training) looking for guidance.

From: dninja at gmail.com (Robin Wood)
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 10:17:29 +0100

A similar question was recently asked on the security focus pentest
list, have a look at the archives for

Elizabeth Tolson <elizabethtolson at gmail.com>
date    17 April 2009 15:11

She is starting at a different level to you but there are some answers
that may help.

My suggestion is find an area you are interested in and start digging
in it. Either get involved with a tool, modifying/improving it if you
can or just using it and giving feedback, maybe write a tutorial for
it, or find an area that you don't think isn't currently  explained
well for beginners and have a go at documenting it yourself. The more
you put yourself out there and get involved the more and quicker
you'll learn things. Don't worry if things you put out seem too easy,
remember, if you struggled before you learnt the skill then others
will also be struggling.

Robin