PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Memory analysis - pagefile.sys

From: jsawyer at ufl.edu (John Sawyer)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:02:10 -0400

I haven't seen that research before but I had heard that when Memoryze
is run on a live system, it will pull out memory that's been paged to
the pagefile so the dump is more complete. I'll bug one of the
developers to confirm that.

The other thing Marcus mentioned was the hibernate file. There is a C
library with sample C and Python code for reading it called SandMan
from the same author of the memory dumping tool win32dd.
http://sandman.msuiche.net/index.php

-jhs