PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Need domain for examples

From: mike.patterson at unb.ca (Mike Patterson)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 20:55:02 -0400

Adrian Crenshaw wrote on 3/11/09 8:08 PM:
I need to show off how to do a zone transfer in an upcoming class, but I'm
having problems finding a DNS server that will allow it. Most folks seem to
have locked that don't by now. Suggestions?

Seems to me that the SANS SEC 504 course notes have a domain that allows
AXFR from anywhere as a matter of policy.  I'd thought it was unh.edu,
but apparently my memory is poor or they've changed.  My notes are at
work, naturally.

Mike

--
The man who sets out to carry a cat by its tail learns something that
will always be useful and which never will grow dim or doubtful.