PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Ideals on Securing a Citrix /Terminal ServiceEnvironment

From: rbutturini at epictn.com (Russell Butturini)
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:31:02 -0600

I've found it's well worth the time to publish the applications with
seamless windows (even if it's several different apps) to users instead
of giving them desktop sessions on the server itself, or  using the
Citrix web gateway to give them access to the applications they need if
you don't want to have to manage deployment to client machines.  You
wind up with  slightly more management overhead in the long haul, but
fewer security issues to address.

Of course, whether or not the users actually NEED access to anything
more than applications to do their job from the Citrix server is a whole
different debate (right John Strand?) J