oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: Terminal escape sequences - the new XSS for admins?

From: Dave Horsfall <dave () horsfall org>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 01:50:52 +1000 (EST)

Blimey, but this thread takes me back to the 70s/80s, when we used to send
ASCII bombs around on the Amateur ("Ham") packet radio network.

Send a sequence to program a function key (such as F1) with "FORMAT C: /Y"
(or whatever the syntax was).

For belt'n'braces, include the sequence that hit F1...

Remember when DOS was not a mere denial of service?  Well, some could
argue that it was, even back then...

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Those who don't understand security will suffer"
RIP Cecil the Lion; he was in pain for two days, thanks to some brave hunter.