oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Another Python app (rhn-setup: rhnreg_ks) not checking hostnames in certs properly CVE-2015-1777

From: John Haxby <john.haxby () oracle com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 20:42:50 +0000

On 10 Mar 2015, at 15:56, Kurt Seifried <kseifried () redhat com <mailto:kseifried () redhat com>> wrote:

So prove to us you want to work with us (e.g. by opening up the
MySQL security bugs/test cases) and we can definitely look at
future cooperation.

I would really like to be able to do that, but this is a political
problem outside my control.

What you're saying simply is "what you asked me is to hard, so I won't
do it, heck I won't even try it". This is not the Open Source way.

It’s not hard, it’s impossible.   You seem to imagine that I can get the board to change its mind; you have as much
influence as I do.

Please do not harp on about this.

jch