oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request - Linux kernel: VFAT slab-based buffer overflow

From: Greg KH <greg () kroah com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:44:00 -0800

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:26:16PM +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
On mer., 2013-02-27 at 10:05 -0800, Greg KH wrote:
Yes, I need someone to actually do this.  There used to be a Red Hat
security team member that did this, or so I thought.  What happened to
that process?  I'll ask on security () kernel org if someone wants to
volunteer to do this, but if not, are you, or anyone else you
know/trust
willing to do so?

And do you think it'd be possible to have the same kind of notifications
for (know security) issues not on security@k.o but committed to the
tree?

That's the whole problem here, who is going to do such a classification,
and after that, the notification?  The first part is the toughest to do,
as discussed elsewhere in this thread.

greg k-h