oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: TORCS 1.3.2 xml buffer overflow - CVE-2012-1189

From: Andres Gomez <agomez () fluidsignal com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:31:10 -0500

2012/3/5 Kurt Seifried <kseifried () redhat com>

Would you consider tham to be the same code base or a different code
base? If the same code base, share the CVE, if different code bases, new
CVE for it. Steve: do we have a policy for "Fresh" forks as it were?

Well, Speed Dreams started with TORCS code base, but they have added a lot
new code, so I would say that right now they have different code base,
although they still share a big portion of the code (as the vulnerable
section).  Because of that I would consider It needs a new CVE number,
could you assign one to it?  :)

Write up the description and send it to Mitre =).

 I already did, I sent details but they have not disclosed them in web page
http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2012-1189, maybe i used a
wrong email address (cve-assign () mitre org).

Thank you for your help.