Nmap Development mailing list archives

Patch for repeated downloading of files in http-fetch

From: Aniket Pandey <aniketp () iitk ac in>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 03:44:34 +0530

Hi list,

This mail is in relation to the http-fetch NSE script, which has an
issue that it does not check for the presence of a file in the output
table while downloading them.

This leads to repeated fetching of identical files (as pointed out by
nnposter in https://github.com/nmap/nmap/pull/1105 ). As a result, the
output table looks cluttered.

I made some fixes for this issue and also refactored the code to make it
more modular as this issue was prevalent in 4 different occasions.

Kindly have a look at the PR https://github.com/nmap/nmap/pull/1107 . I
verified the patch in all cases I can think of and I believe it works.
Although, if still there is some issue, please comment on the PR and
I'll fix it.

Thanks and Regards,

Aniket