Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap 7.60: autoconf problems

From: Lukas Schwaighofer <lukas () schwaighofer name>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 20:59:40 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to use `autoreconf -fi` on nmap 7.60 sources (*) and ran into
a few problems.  I'm using autoconf 2.69 from Debian testing (2.69-11).

The configure scripts that ship with nmap were also generated by
autoconf 2.69 (at least according to the comments in the files which I
checked using a find command stolen from a very old post by
Fyodor [1]).  But, for some reason, autoreconf does not work, and I get
similar errors as Christopher Owen did back then [2].

I managed to solve my issues with the attached patch, I'd be happy if
that could be included in a future nmap release.  I'd also be
interested in an explanation why autoreconf with the same autoconf
version does not work for me…

Thank you
Lukas

(*) I'm actually running it with the `--no-recursive` option and only in
    the following directories relative to the source directory:
    . libdnet-stripped nbase ncat nmap-update nping nsock/src

[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2008/q2/232
[2] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2008/q2/233