Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re:

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 15:10:04 -0800

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 12:32 PM, Tom de Brouwer <tlj.debrouwer () gmail com>
wrote:

Npcap seems to be a proper replacement for this, I’m looking for any
documentation of deploying npcap with your own application. Is it OK and
preferred to deploy npcap with your own application? Ifso how to handle the
installer? Is there a silent option which installs with the preferred
flags? How to handle the different options from your application (e.g. the
check boxes which are provided when installing).

Hi Tom.  The installers we've created and signed with the Nmap Project key
are only for distribution by the Nmap Project because we want to make sure
software signed by us isn't distributed by malware or other software we
don't like or that could get it blacklisted by antivirus software and
similar.  Please see:

https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/yang/NPcap-LWF/LICENSE-FOR-NPCAP-BINARIES

We're looking into a program for allowing open source projects and
companies to distribute our signed Npcap installer packages and we hope to
have that figured out within the next month or so.  Npcap is still in
early/test stages and isn't even integrated into Nmap yet.

Cheers,
Fyodor