Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Bug: nmap doesn't run on Windows XP anymore

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem () yahoo no>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 13:02:29 +0200

Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:

Nmap download page should be updated then:
https://nmap.org/download.html

The problem seems to be related to the use of GetIpForwardTable2()
and FreeMibTable() in libdnet-stripped/src/route-win32.c. These
are only available on Vista and later. The old way AFAICR was to
dynamically load these functions. But not now.

Ref. http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2012/q3/814
 for the problem report on Win-7.

In my private build, I did use GetProcAddress() on these and
use the newest API if available. Otherwise a fallback to
GetIpForwardTable() for Win-XP.

Vlatko, contact me off-list if you want a patch and is able
to compile Nmap yourself.

--
--gv