Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [GSoC 2015] Nmap Scripting Engine (NSE)

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 11:24:33 -0500

Hello s0h3ck,

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 12:09 AM, s0h3ck . <s0h3ck () gmail com> wrote:
In addition, I don't really know Lua, but I have a good background in C/C++
(Qt) programming language (plus Java/Android too). Does it makes a drawback
of not knowing Lua programming language ? I guess not, because of it :
"quickly learn the (simple) Lua scripting language" which I'm sure I can
deal with before the proposal, but I'm waiting a response to be sure it's
not a inconvenient in my proposal.

It is not really a drawback. You can demonstrate ability in other
ways, e.g. proficiency in other dynamic languages.

Last, I'm wondering if it's recommended to write in the final proposal that
I'm very willing and interested to be a part of the nmap team even after
GSoC ?

We are always happy to have new regular (or irregular) developers.

--
Patrick Donnelly