Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap has stopped working - Windows 8.1

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 13:52:24 -0600

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 1:14 PM, James M. Scardelis, CISA, CIPP, CIPP/IT,
MCT, MCSE, CTT+ <jim () jceltd com> wrote:

 I’ve received systeminfo files from a number of people, and they’re all
similar – we’ve all got the same Marvel AVASTAR network driver, etc.

Jim,

Thanks so much for correlating this stuff for us! Debugging on Windows is
not my strong suit.

 I did spin up the nmap executable under  WinDbg to see if there might be
clues there – here’s the output from one of the sessions; I tried both
“nmap –iflist” and “nmap scanme.nmap.org” – it broke with identical
access violations for both.

Is there somewhere to obtain symbol files for nmap & winpcap?

I can put up a debug build of the latest Nmap development snapshot, since I
just got that working. I'll put it together and then send the link to you
directly, if that's ok; it's not ready for prime-time yet.

What artifacts from the debug build would give you the symbols you need?
.exe, .obj, .pdb, .idb, etc?

Dan