Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [GSoC '14] - New Probes In IPv6 OS SCAN [New Idea ! ]

From: Sriharsha Karamchati <leo.harsha93 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 13:32:26 +0530

Hi,

     I have attached a patch of code which will return using scapy
(python). This code modifies the DSCP code values for specific packet in
order to provide privileged services for them. I think this can
be effectively used while probing , as when we send the packets across the
network to scan the Operating Systems for ports, i think we can mark these
packets separately by modifying the DSCP values so that they get higher
preference in the network traffic and do net get lost , thereby ensuring a
more reliable port scanning with a higher probability of reaching out to
all the systems.
    Any suggestions/Ideas will be appreciated.

P.S: Will someone please mentor this project idea and guide further.

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Sriharsha Karamchati <