Nmap Development mailing list archives

[GSoC '14] - New Probes In IPv6 OS SCAN [New Idea ! ]

From: Sriharsha Karamchati <leo.harsha93 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 15:35:00 +0530

Hi ,

When I have been working on Packet classification in IPv6, I found that the
DSCP code values can be changed accordingly to provide privileged
services.Can this be used while probing , as when we send the packets
across the network to scan the Operating Systems for ports, can we mark
these packets separately by modifying the DSCP values so that they get
higher preference in the network traffic and do net get lost , thereby
ensuring a more reliable port scanning with a higher probability of
reaching out to all the systems.

P.S : I started writing a patch of code for the same using scapy,will share
it once I am done with it. Any suggestions/Ideas will be appreciated.

Cheers!
Sriharsha