Nmap Development mailing list archives

ncat-test.py?

From: Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 19:15:11 +0100

Hi,

On the CCC I was talking with David about rewriting Ncat test engine so that
the tests would run concurrently, speeding up the testing process. I suggested
a rewrite to Python and heard that it's a good idea. I already created the
branch and I wanted to ask you guys if you have some special expectations for
the testing engine, apart from concurrency. For one, I have an idea to make
all tests have an indentifier (and/or a group) to allow stuff like:

ncat-test.py --run-tests=max-conns-0-ko-exec,http-proxy-missing-digest

What do you think?

Yours,
Jacek Wielemborek