Nmap Development mailing list archives

Zenmap won't launch after upgrading to OS X 10.9

From: Anthony McKay Compton <acompton () idaho4 com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 23:07:34 -0700

Since upgrading from OS X 10.8.4 to 10.9 the Zenmap GUI will not launch. When I try to launch the application I am
prompted for my password as normal but the GUI never loads.  I removed my existing install following the manual removal
instructions and reinstalled but that made no difference.

If I open the Zenmap package and launch Zenmap from terminal I get the error below.  This is true even when launching
with or without sudo.

/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/zenmap.py:179: DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been
deprecated as of Python 2.6
Could not import the zenmapGUI.App module:
'dlopen(/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/glib/_glib.so, 2): Symbol not found:
_xmlBufContent\n  Referenced from: /usr/lib/libxslt.1.dylib\n  Expected in:
/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Frameworks/libxml2.2.dylib\n in /usr/lib/libxslt.1.dylib'.
I checked in these directories:
    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python26.zip
    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6
    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/plat-darwin
    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/plat-mac
    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages
    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-tk
    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-old
    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload
    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages.zip
    /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages
If you installed Zenmap in another directory, you may have to add the
modules directory to the PYTHONPATH environment variable.

Launching zenmap.bin brings up the GUI but with no text.

Any help would be appreciated.  I don’t know anything about Python (yet) but I can learn. I did notice that the version
of Python was bumped from 2.7.2 to 2.7.5 with OS X 10.9.

Thanks,

Anthony Compton
acompton () idaho4 com