Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] http-iis-short-name-brute.nse

From: Paulino Calderon Pale <paulino () calderonpale com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 21:58:52 -0600

On 10/21/2013 03:04 PM, Fyodor wrote:
On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Paulino Calderon Pale <paulino () calderonpale com <mailto:paulino () calderonpale com>> wrote:

    What do you guys think about including this script to the
    repository? None of the major commercial scanners detected this
    vulnerability except for Nmap and it has come very handy during
    pentests...

Thanks Paulino. It sounds good to me. Maybe give people a few days to test it out and report any problems/successes/ideas and then check it in.

Cheers,
Fyodor

Hi,

I've commited in r32480 a new version of the script. I've tested it against IIS 5.1 and 6.0 but let me know if it doesn't work as expected in other environments.

Cheers.