Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Revision of telnet-brute

From: nnposter () users sourceforge net
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 19:30:25 +0000

Aleksandar Nikolic wrote:
Just one question, any reason why you didn't use the brute library?
Can't remember if there was any discussion about this before (and
searching archives fails me)
and if there was a concrete reason it wasn't implemented using brute lib.
I know that the script is older than brute library but as I was tasked
with converting bruteforce
scripts to use brute library last summer I wonder how/why I missed this
one...

As I ran into issues with the previous version I started implementing
small, incremental fixes until I ended up with a substantial rewrite.
So, it is not that I had any particular reason to avoid the brute
library but my primary objective was to get the script to work against
specific targets.

If there is enough interest in the script then I can take look at the
level of effort to convert it.

Cheers,
nnposter