Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap Polish translation

From: Jacek Wielemborek <wielemborekj1 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 16:27:31 +0200

2013/5/14 David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>:
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 11:43:50PM +0200, Jacek Wielemborek wrote:
I just finished the translation of Zenmap to Polish, my native language. I only
tested the translation briefly - I translated all the messages from zenmap.pot,
but it looks like some entries aren't there. It's the application translation
I've ever made, so there are definitely some mistakes to be corrected. I left a
few comments in spots where I wasn't exactly sure about how to translate stuff
- feel free to read it, all my doubts I expressed in English. To find these, do
grep -n -A3 '^#[^:,]' pl.po.

Dziekujemy za przetlumaczenie. I checked your translation comments and
they seem quite apropos. If you can extract just the doubtful strings
with their comments and paste them into a new email, I think we can make
some suggestions.

I committed the new translation in r30896. Whoever wants to try it out,
just do
        LANG=pl_PL zenmap

David Fifield

Yeah, you're right - I re-read my own comments and it's actually one
question only. What are the "outstanding probes"? Does it simply mean
the probes that are waiting in the queue to be sent? BTW, the latest
translation will be available there:
https://github.com/d33tah/nmap/blob/master/zenmap/share/zenmap/locale/pl.po
; so far I made one correction there - changed "Scanning with windows"
to "TCP Window Scan". I didn't really get the concept, so I read up a
bit and found a better translation. Are there any other docs you need
to get translated? I was thinking of Ncat manpages.

Yours,
d33tah