Nmap Development mailing list archives

Zenmap Polish translation

From: Jacek Wielemborek <wielemborekj1 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 23:43:50 +0200

Hi,

I just finished the translation of Zenmap to Polish, my native language. I only
tested the translation briefly - I translated all the messages from zenmap.pot,
but it looks like some entries aren't there. It's the application translation
I've ever made, so there are definitely some mistakes to be corrected. I left a
few comments in spots where I wasn't exactly sure about how to translate stuff
- feel free to read it, all my doubts I expressed in English. To find these, do
grep -n -A3 '^#[^:,]' pl.po.

The vocabulary I used differs from the one in Nmap's Polish manpages - for
example, I translated "probes" quite literally (as in "space probes") while
Polish text mentions "tests" there. I also translated "Timing" as in musical
timing while Polish text mentions "time". I did my best to keep the grammar
and spelling clean (I'll run a spellchecker anyway later on, but I need to
write some hack first to extract only the Polish messages from the .po file).

I wasn't sure about "This Menu Entry Writing Style", used a single capital
instead. It's probably quite easy to grep for and replace if it happens to
feel wrong.

I hope you guys will find my work useful. I learnt a bit about the Nmap in the
process.

Yours,
Jacek d33tah Wielemborek.