Nmap Development mailing list archives

Zenmap GUI redesign task for GSOC2013

From: Костадин Хаџибанов <hadzhibanov.kostadin () students finki ukim mk>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 11:46:19 +0000

Hello again,

I feel I havent introduced properly the last time, my name is Kostadin Hadzhibanov and I'm am a Computer Science
undergraduate student and some of my areas of interest include graphic design, interactive application and user
interface design.

I would like to consult a mentor about the level of redesign the Zenmap GUI task would entail, as I have quite a few
ideas myself and some rough drafts about the design.
I sent a message to this mailing list a few days ago, but it remained unanswered by the mentors, unfortunately.

However, I took my time and marked the areas that can be improved upon. My main focus was on simplifying the interface,
though it would be nice to consult the mentor about the Zenmap user base and  other general stuff, to decide for
example, if splitting it to a "Simplified" and "Advanced" user interface is a good idea, etc.

I suppose this a good place to send the rest of my ideas for feedback before I submit my application?

Regards, Kostadin.