Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] tls-nextprotoneg

From: Hani Benhabiles <kroosec () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 15:15:05 +0100

On 07/07/2012 11:24 AM, Henri Doreau wrote:
2012/7/6 Hani Benhabiles <kroosec () gmail com>:
Tests and feedback are welcome.

Cheers,
Hani.

Hi Hani,

that's a nice script, congratulations for the good work! There are a
couple things I would change in the code though (patch attached):

   - replaced randstring() function by a call to
stdnse.generate_random_string(). Maybe there's a nicer way to specify
the charset to the function though?
   - the list of known protocols is only used in check_npn(), I see no
need to pass it as a parameter from action().
   - cli_h is defined in action() and used in client_hello(), moved it.
   - defined client_hello() and check_npn() as local

Concerning adding the script to the default category: currently,
script will almost never return anything, so this would be one query
per SSL port we find w/o anything reported back. OTOH this is
relatively cheap and not having it in default would probably prevent
many users from benefiting it.

I'd be in favor of adding it to default.

Regards.

Hi Henri,

Thanks for all the remarks, I have made the according changes to the script. As for the random string, stdnse.generate_random_string with the default charset is good enough.

Cheers,
Hani.

--
Hani Benhabiles