Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] Adding (parts of) LuaFileSystem

From: Peter O <perdo.olma () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 13:08:26 +0200

Hi all,

I modified patches that Patrik has posted to the list a few months ago
(see [1]), so they would work with the current revision and added some
minor changes from [2].
The first patch - lfs.patch, contains the whole luafilesystem library
(which we maybe don't need), whereas the second one -
lfs-stripped.patch, only adds mkdir and link support.

The size differences (on my system) that the patches introduce, are as follows:
  * non-patched sizes:
    - nmap: 4,904,892 Bytes
    - nse_fs.o: 10,800 Bytes
    - nse_main.o: 60,680 Bytes
  * with nse.patch:
    - nmap: 4,916,119 Bytes
    - nse_fs.o: 23,920 Bytes
    - nse_main.o: 64,768 Bytes
  * with nse-stripped.patch:
    - nmap: 4,905,312 Bytes
    - nse_fs.o: 8,672 Bytes
    - nse_main.o: 64,768 Bytes.

nse.patch adds around 650 lines to nse_fs.cc, while nse-stripped.patch
only around 110.

What are your thoughts on this? Should we use any of those patches
(adding mkdir will probably let us write http-mirror script)?

[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2012/q1/717
[2] https://github.com/keplerproject/luafilesystem/blob/master/src/lfs.c

- Peter