Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] ssl-enum-ciphers idea

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 20:26:39 -0700

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 11:59:32PM +0200, Aleksandar Nikolic wrote:
Well, it could benefit, since there's already code that creates
client_hello packet , to which you can add
your npn data, and it already has response parsing code, which would
probably need to be expanded.
Of course, converting this into a library would require some
reengineering to make it more friendly
for other purposes , but I think it's a waste that all the effort that
was put into ssl-enum-ciphers
sciprt is wasted and not used by other scripts.

For now, I'll write my script by duplicating the code tho, until this is
decided.
I can easily remove the unneeded code when and if this gets turned into
a lib.

Let's make it a library if you think that will help you.

David Fifield