Nmap Development mailing list archives

ncat question

From: Dennis <etheridge.dennis () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 23:12:32 -0500

Hello,

I have been using this command string for sometime

ncat -l -v -p 25 -k -c "ncat -v mx01.anglerlabs.com 587" > ncatlog.txt

This successfully got around an imposed port blocking of my ISP for port 25. This was true until 2 things happened. I reloaded my system and our router had to be reset - to a pre-installation state.

I've also used ncat -l -v -p 25 -k -o ncatdmp.txt --- I would attempt to use the program that uses port 25 to send e-mail but nothing shows up in ncatdmp.txt.

When I use ncat mx01.anglerlabs.com 587, i am able to logon to the smtp server.

If I have in one dos window the first command (ncat -l -v -p 25 -k -c "ncat -v mx01.anglerlabs.com 587"). Then in a second dos windows i would enter ncat mx01.anglerlabs.com 25. It does not allow me to logon, it times out.

This is the version information:
C:\Dennis\ncexe>ncat --version
Ncat: Version 5.59BETA1 ( http://nmap.org/ncat )

I am using Windows Vista.